Subject: Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 22:07:00 +0000

Hi team!

@Nicoals thank you for your effortds in #76835, #70858.

I've skimmed #76835 and it looks like quite raw for me some: commit
messages not fully complete, some update/move may squash e.g. snakemake
package would be essentially updated in place and then move, instead of
adding duplicate in python-science and delete in python-xyz.

#70858 sorry to say the full series is failed to apply.

From my side I'd like to merge whatever we have right now as the main
target in this iteration was to refresh Python 3.10->3.11, fixing build
issues, refresh NumPy and related packages.

Let's check what can be fixed on larger scale, enable few more
architectures and prepare for the merge.

How about to queue #76835 and #70858 in the next iteration which we may
open after merge? Otherwise we would block other branches for a longer
time.

WDYT?

--
Oleg