Subject: bug#75751: closed (Re: [bug#75751] Request for merging "python-team" branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 08:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75751: Request for merging "python-team" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75751: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75751
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#75751] Request for merging "python-team" branch
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>, Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 10:10:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

from the discussion I deduce that you will still need a week or two
until the branch can be merged. So I am closing it momentarily, so that
the node branch gets a chance of being built on QA.

This does not prevent discussions from continuing on this bug.

Once you think you are ready, just rebase the python-team branch on a
recent commit known to the data service - I think it is one of the
commits shown in green at
   https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master

If you then reopen the bug, the python-team branch should jump back to
its place at the front of the queue and be built again.

Chris, I wonder if we could add some way of interacting more directly on
QA than by closing and opening bugs? In this case, we could add a third
branch to the number of evaluations (which we might want to lower to 2
again once the python-team branch is back). But this would probably mean
reconfiguring one of the machines?

Andreas

Subject: Request for merging "python-team" branch
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 10:09:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

This marks the beginning of work on the next iteration of the
python-team branch.

Goals:

- add Python 3.11 and make it the default
- update python-numpy and co to the latest 1.x release.

Let's try to keep this a *short* iteration.  I'd love to merge this
within a month, i.e. before the end of February 2025.

-- 
Ricardo