Subject: Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2025 12:29:44 +0100

* Subjected to be withdrawn [0/4]
Packages which are scheduled to be removed or dependent one need to be
refreshed first.
- [ ] atlas-3.10.3.drv failed: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/77321
- [ ] python-django-3.1.14.drv failed:
  - A single dependent package: [email-masked]
- [ ] python-django-3.2.21.drv failed
  - Building the following 2 packages would ensure 2 dependent packages
    are rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
- [ ] python-pandas-1.5.3.drv failed
  - It's a leaf package, nothing depending on it, fails to build with
    Python 3.11 and NumPy 1.26.
- [ ] python-pomegranate-0.14.8.drv failed
  - https://pypi.org/project/pomegranate/, from the project about: "A
    temporary repository hosting a pomegranate re-write using PyTorch as
    the backend." A single dependent package: [email-masked]
- [ ] python-pyarrow-0.16.0.drv failed
  - No dependents other than itself: [email-masked]

* Attempt to fix on python-team
** animamation [0/1]
- [ ] swftools-0.9.2-1.772e55a.drv failed
  - Commit 772e55a271f66818b06c6e8c9b839befa51248f4 is from
    <2021-12-16>, there is no any tags, the latest activity is from 11
    months ago.
** bioinformatics [0/3]
- [ ] python-parabam-3.0.1.drv failed
  - Unmaintained https://github.com/cancerit/parabam/issues/10
- [ ] python-plastid-0.6.1.drv failed
  - It looks like not maintained project, the last activity on the
    master branch 3 yars ago the save as the current version.
- [ ] variant-tools-3.1.2.drv failed
  - This repository was archived by the owner on Aug 29, 2023. It is now
    read-only.
** machine-learning [0/3]
- [ ] python-lap-0.4.0.drv failed
  - The current version (0.4.0) was released 7 years ago, there is a
    0.5.12 tag, placed 5 months ago. No dependents other than itself:
    [email-masked]
- [ ] python-brian2-2.5.1.drv failed
  - The current version (2.5.1) was released 3 years ago, there is a new
    tag 2.8.0.4, placed 3 month ago. A single dependent package:
    [email-masked]
- [ ] python-keras-2.3.1.drv failed
  - The current version (2.3.1) was released 6 years ago, there is a
    3.9.2 tag, placed 5 days ago. Building the following 1 package would
    ensure 2 dependent packages are rebuilt: [email-masked]
- [ ] rxcpp-4.1.1.drv failed
  - It's the latest version. Build fails. Building the following 2
    packages would ensure 2 dependent packages are rebuilt:
    [email-masked] [email-masked]
** opencl [0/1]
- [ ] python-pyopencl-2021.2.6.drv failed
  - The current version (2021.2.6) was released 4 years ago, there is
    2025.1 tag, placed 3 month ago. No dependents other than itself:
    [email-masked]
** python-science [0/1]
- [ ] python-pandera-0.18.0.drv failed
  - The current version (0.18.0) was released 2 years ago, there is
    0.23.1 tag, placed a month ago. No dependents other than itself:
    [email-masked]
** python-xyz [0/2]
- [ ] python-pathy-0.10.1.drv failed
  - The current version (0.10.1) was released 3 years ago, there is a
    0.11.0 tag, placed a year ago, the last activity on the master
    branch is the same. A single dependent package: [email-masked]
** qt [0/1]
- [ ] python-shiboken-2-5.15.10.drv failed
  - The version is confusing, the variable is python-shiboken-2 but it
    has 5.15.10 version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Building the following 5 packages
    would ensure 7 dependent packages are rebuilt:
    hydrus-network@495 [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
- [ ] python-sip-4.19.25.drv failed
  - Building the following 1 package would ensure 6 dependent packages
    are rebuilt: [email-masked]
** wxwidgets [/]
- python-wxpython-4.2.0.drv failed
  - Tests could not find __version__, it's ok on the master
    branch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Building the following 4 packages would ensure 5
    dependent packages are rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
    [email-masked] [email-masked]

> We could split the work Oleg. One big chunk is python-sip/wxpython and its
> dependents (several days of work IMO).  Figuring out what to do with the
> rest could be another big chunk.  Hopefully, we'll be ready to merge
> after that.

It's a good idea, if you have a plan with python-sip/wxpython (I tried
to fix python-wxpython, but failed to figure out why tests could not
find __version__ now, it's ok on master). I can tak any other dated
packages and hop with refresh they would be fixed.

--
Oleg