Subject: bug#75746: 31.0.50; Can't get password promote from plink 0.82

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 13:58:14 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> Or maybe we should talk to the PuTTY developer and ask him to give us
>> ideas about what could be wrong and how to solve it?
>
> Yep.

The following message has been sent to the PuTTY developers

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Subject: plink ceased to show prompts since release 0.82
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 13:54:22 +0100 (2 minutes, 4 seconds ago)

Hi,

I am Michael Albinus, one of the contributors to Emacs. We use plink
inmternally in order to access remote hosts, and to copy/edit/delete
files on the remote host based on this.

In order to make this happen, Emacs opens internally a cmd.exe buffer. In
this buffer, a command like

plink -l albinus -ssh -t gandalf /bin/sh -i

Nothing happens, no prompt appears.

If I call the very same command in a native cmd.exe terminal, evrything
works as expected. And so it did inside Emacs prior PuTTY 0.82.

Same behavior with PuTTY 0.83. I'm using an MS Windows 11 VM for tests,
if this matters.

Best regards, Michael.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---