Subject: bug#75712: HAVE_RSVG: svg_css_length_to_pixels doesn't handle RSVG_UNIT_CH

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 22:49:13 +0000

"Stefan Kangas" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> PSA: image_error takes Lisp_Object arguments, not integers.  Something
>> for your (ever-growing, no doubt) TODO list, maybe?
>
> Sorry, you lost me.  What do you propose here?

I was proposing type safety, thinking there might be a better way than
replacing image_error and add_to_log by macros.  Didn't find one, did
the macro thing, didn't find any bugs, so probably not worth a commit.

I kind of think tiff_handler should use image_error, not add_to_log, but
the two have been equivalent forever.

> image_error should accept things like an image.spec, so I don't see how
> it could be changed to accept integers.

While we can mix and match Lisp_Objects and POD C types freely in
varargs situations, it seems, all the symbols would clash (I thought %S
was safe, but doprnt.c makes it an alias for %s), and there's little
point anyway since using nonstandard format specifiers breaks
ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF.

So no real proposal left here.  listn is a strange animal and we should
probably use Flist instead, but that should wait until purespace is
gone, so no patch there, either.

Pip