Subject: bug#75710: 31.0.50; feature/igc: crash report on Arch Linux, 2025-01-20

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 10:35:09 +0000

"Oliver Reiter via \"Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors\"" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I opened emacs and started editing an .R file when I experienced this
> crash:

Thanks for the report!  While we would like to investigate this further
if you can access the GDB data, there is a possible, but unlikely,
explanation in bug#75754.

Can you confirm whether you have access to the GDB session?  I would
recommend generating a coredump file using "gcore" and saving it along
with the emacs executable and emacs.pdmp file so we can investigate this
further.

The reason I consider the explanation unlikely is that the styled_format
bug would most likely result in strings being moved by the GC, but this
crash happened while scanning a cons cell.  It's still possible: we'll
have to investigate whether the elisp you ran might have been a heavy
user of styled_format.

Can you please let me know which commit is in use by this build?

Thanks!

Pip