Subject: [bug#75688] [PATCH 0/2] Introduce GUIX_LIBRARY_PATH to replace harmful environment variables

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 19:08:54 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 22.01.2025 um 17:42 +0800 schrieb 宋文武:
> > You'd still have some glue code reading .VARIABLE and
> > then doing a bunch of setenv before launching the actual program,
> > no?  That glue code is currently the shell or Guile script used to
> > wrap the binaries.
> 
> The point for those .VARIABLE files is without wrapper scripts
> there're no setenv call anymore, ensure that getenv only get profiles
> paths, in another words: reading from file and apply the values
> replaced setenv then getenv and apply the values.
I think this is too big a change to be sneakily added onto a
replacement for an upstream environment variable with a GUIX_-prefixed
one.  I think this should be discussed more broadly, using a Guix
Consensus Document for example.

As for adding GUIX_GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILES, I think this could safely
be done on gnome-team.

What do y'all think?