Subject: Re: bug#75684: missing from mailing list archives

From: Joseph Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 12:33:11 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 20:49:43 -0800
>> From:  Joseph Turner via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Three days ago, on 2025-01-19, I submitted bug report #75684.  I received
>> the acknowledgment email, but I don't see the bug report in the mailing
>> list archive.  I know there have been some issues with some of the FSF
>> infrastructure over the past few days, so I wonder if my bug report was
>> somehow lost (and maybe other bug reports too?).
>
> The bug report is not lost if you can find it on the tracker:
>
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75684
>
> That it didn't get to the bug-gnu-emacs list archives yet might be due
> to the fact that Michael Albinus is AOK currently.  But the list
> archives are not necessary to handle the bug, the bug tracker and its
> Web interface should be enough.

Thanks for explaining.  In the future, I'll be sure to check the tracker
using that link.  Yesterday, I already closed bug#75684 and opened a new
report (bug#75779).  Shall I leave things as-is or reopen bug#75684 and
close bug#75779?

Sorry for the noise.

Joseph