Subject: bug#75672: 31.0.50; scratch/igc memory usage/collection issues

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 16:21:00 +0200

> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 13:54:01 +0000
> From: Alexis Purslane <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> "Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I'd still like to see the results of memory-info, since that will tell
> > us what glibc knowns about the memory.  AFAIU, MPS manages only part
> > of the memory of the process, right?
> 
> I've had to restart my Emacs session a few times for unrelated reasons,
> so I'm still waiting for it to climb back up to >1GB to report that
> back. I got close just now but (again) had to reboot to fix a different
> problem I'm trying to solve. 

Thanks.  There's no rush.  It is best to produce this report when the
memory footprint of Emacs is indeed very large, so that the report is
easier to interpret.