Subject: [bug#75659] Pipewire for MPV support

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 22:59:38 +0100

On Mon, Jan 20, 2025 at 05:04:01PM +0100, Sören Tempel wrote:
> I use pipewire without the pulseaudio emulation layer (which is a
> supported configuration in Guix), in this setup mpv (without my patch)
> doesn't work with pipewire. Other Linux distributions, e.g. Alpine
> Linux, also build mpv with pipewire support.
Interesting!  I must have missed the introduction of
home-pipewire-service-type, which I guess you're referring to here.

In general - and that's why I interjected in the first place - we try to
keep inputs of packages as minimalist as possible.  Without a (short)
statement of the necessity of adding one or a full-fledged bug report it
is hard for a reviewer to know why it is happening - especially for
someone like myself who is using pipewire and mpv on a regular basis
(without issues).

So, thanks for clarifying and the patch itself and the hint towards the
new home-service that I have now installed (and can finally drop
pipewire-pulse)!

Have a nice week!
g