Subject: [bug#75659] Pipewire for MPV support

From: Sören Tempel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 17:04:01 +0100

Hi,

I use pipewire without the pulseaudio emulation layer (which is a
supported configuration in Guix), in this setup mpv (without my patch)
doesn't work with pipewire. Other Linux distributions, e.g. Alpine
Linux, also build mpv with pipewire support.

Greetings
Sören

Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi you two!
> 
> Was this patch actually necessary?  I run mpv with pipewire regularly
> and never run into issues (IIUC mpv connects to pipewire through
> pipewire's pulseaudio interface).  Does this patch really solve anything
> or just expand the number of inputs?
> 
> Thanks for your work nevertheless and thank you for an explication,
> 
> gabber