Subject: Re: bug#75658: [PATCH 0/4] Fixes for subshells and redirections

From: Z572 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2025 18:58:10 +0800

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Thu, May 08, 2025 at 05:36:17PM +0800 schrieb Z572:
>> on ci.guix:
>> building of `/gnu/store/nbb9svpwh2zzqx92xcjbpjznia2mwvbb-gcc-mesboot-4.9.4.drv' timed out after 21600 seconds
>> I think gcc-mesboot might be necessary to set larger timeout properties.
>
> My suspicion is rather that something is wrong. On my own machine (with
> 4 cores), I saw the same timeout, but after 3600s; previous iterations
> went through without a problem.
>
> QA also has trouble evaluating this branch, but with a test failure in
> git-minimal:
>    https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/job/9798

In fact, the python-minimal test failed.

Rolling back openssl to 3.0 can lead to successful compilation.

It is said that https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/127361 can fix
build with openssl 3.4, but my test was not successful.

I'm going to roll back openssl first.

> Andreas