Subject: bug#75655: configure doesn't update Makefile

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2025 16:07:14 +0200

> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2025 13:14:26 +0000
> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> "Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > IMO, this loses useful information about the aclocal.m4 problem.  It
> 
> My understanding is this problem was fixed long ago (see below!)

[...]

Look, you asked for extensive criticism, so I took time to examine the
new text and provide criticism.  If all you wanted was to reject every
single comment, then why didn't you say so in the first place?  It
would have saved me some time during a busy day.

Anyway, I stand by my comments.  I hoped (and still hope!) they will
be useful to you and to others, but I have no intention to keep
arguing about this.  FWIW, I consider this file to be of relatively
low importance to the project, certainly compared to other issues we
have on the table.

(Btw, all this sub-thread about INSTALL.REPO is a tangent in the
context of this bug report.  One other evidence for the futility of
this argument, if you ask me.)