Subject: [bug#75647] [PATCH 0/2] Optimize profile hooks to avoid unnecessary reruns.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 19:37:20 +0800

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>

Hello, these patches make each profile hook run upon its specified interested
inputs, eg: the 'info-dir-file' hook only get inputs with info manuals,
install a package without info files won't trigger it.  Thus reduce the chance
and time to rerun them when your profile changed.

Years ago tried in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/29928>, now it seems I don't
need some hack like 'eval-gexp', just need all manifest entries built before
hooks.

Sou Bunnbu (宋文武) (2):
  profiles: Add #:build? argument to lower-manifest-entry.
  profiles: Filter out unwanted manifest entries for profile hooks.

 guix/profiles.scm | 562 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 309 insertions(+), 253 deletions(-)

base-commit: 87045f0982bd7aebb07b380cbf322651227546f4
prerequisite-patch-id: c01aefda02910c494da59b6124e517aeafdb6803
-- 
2.47.1