Subject: Implement something like (bookmark-bmenu-list) for registers

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 11:50:23 +0100

Severity: wishlist.

While analyzing source code files, I use (a lot) the functionality of
keeping buffer
positions in registers ((point-to-register) and (jump-to-register)).

But I miss being able to display the current list of registers in a new buffer
similar to the one generated for bookmarks with the command
(bookmark-bmenu-list).

And following the analogy, I'd like that new buffer to allow things like:
* Delete one, several, or all registers.
* Jump to the position pointed by some register, by clicking (or
pressing ENTER) on its line.

I'd very much like to have such a feature, and I think others would like it too.
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 32, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2025-01-18 built on C11-Q8YAKWONJX0
Repository revision: 43c2e49d19f2e7a840507ae9e728b623fcb7c341
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corporation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Dani Moncayo