Subject: Re: bug#75632: 31.0.50; igc: Crash report

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 15:26:10 +0000

"Ihor Radchenko" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> "Ihor Radchenko" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Just got the following:
>>
>> Yes, that's the signal handling bug.  I'm not entirely sure why we
>> removed the fix that was in scratch/igc, but we did, so we need another
>> one.
>> ...
>> to handle_user_signal, which will silently ignore SIGUSR* received while
>> MPS may have locked the arena.
>
> I indeed sent SIGUSR2 just before I saw the crash.

It'd be nice if that simply worked.  I think debugging with SIGUSR* is
important, so I've pushed a fix (and I'm closing this bug; if further
discussion is needed, feel free to revert and reopen).

> For some context (maybe irrelevant), Emacs hung while performing magit
> commit (C-c C-c in magit commit buffer; and the commit was actually
> written before the hang). It only ever happened for me on igc branch.

Thanks!  Too bad we lost that backtrace, then.  If it happens again,
please let us know!

(I'm using magit, and I know it waits for subprocesses, so I'll go over
the SIGCHLD handling code to ensure we never drop one of them).

Pip