Subject: bug#75631: closed (Re: bug#75631: 31.0.50; "restart-emacs" command not work when launch by runemacs.exe)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 20:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75631: 31.0.50; "restart-emacs" command not work when launch by runemacs.exe

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75631: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75631
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75631: 31.0.50; "restart-emacs" command not work when launch by runemacs.exe
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 22:50:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Really closing...

Subject: 31.0.50; "restart-emacs" command not work when launch by runemacs.exe
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 21:05:14 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

runemacs.exe only exists on MS Windows.

1. launch emacs by: `runemacs.exe -Q`
2. M-x restart-emacs
3. then emacs not restart, or died quickly.

I have tested with `emacs.exe`, it work as expected.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2025-01-03 built
 on fv-az1495-740
Repository revision: 299a1fbef886dba654f58a0c55b373f8b43d383b
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22631
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.22631.4751)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/d/a/emacs-build/emacs-build/pkg/299a1fb-ucrt-x86_64
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-semantic-interposition -floop-parallelize-all
 -ftree-parallelize-loops=4 -g3 ' --disable-build-details --without-dbus
 --enable-link-time-optimization --enable-build-details
 --with-compress-install --with-small-ja-dic --with-gif --with-gnutls
 --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-lcms2 --with-mps
 --with-native-compilation --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xml2 --with-xpm --with-zlib --without-cairo --without-tiff'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader epa-file epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
smtpmail auth-source eieio eieio-core icons password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode cl-seq use-package-core
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile china-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile mps
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0)
 (vectors 24 0) (vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0)
 (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))