Subject: Re: [bug#75619] [PATCH 3/7] gnu: dolphin-emu: Build .bin binary files and preserve data ones.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2025 12:49:29 +0900

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Freitag, dem 17.01.2025 um 13:45 +0900 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> These files are necessary to save games, enable cheat codes, etc.
>> 
>> * gnu/packages/emulators.scm (dolphin-emu) [source] <snippet>: Refine
>> to avoid deleting a few .bin which are not executable objects but
>> rather configuration files samples.
>> [phases]: Add build-codeloader.bin, build-dsp_rom.bin and build-
>> dsp_coefs.bin phases.
>> [arguments] <configure-flags>: Add -DDSPTOOL=ON.
>> [native-inputs]: Add a cross-compiler for powerpc.  Add python-
>> minimal and python-numpy.
>> 
>> Change-Id: Ida8df1add940e1708c557223409d854aa995e8a5
>> ---
> Is there a way to rebuild those data files?  If not, then LGTM, I
> guess.

I looked, but it doesn't seem like there are scripts or anything to
regenerated those.  They are mostly filled with zeros, were probably
hacked with an hex editor, or so I assume.

I'll wait for the whole series to be reviewed before merging, thanks
looking at this one!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim