Subject: bug#75603: closed (Re: bug#75603: 29.4; Incorrect header line in rx.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 15:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75603: 29.4; Incorrect header line in rx.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75603: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75603
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75603: 29.4; Incorrect header line in rx.el
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 17:17:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 14:21:13 +0000
> 
> 
> It seems the first line of rx.el is wrong:
> 
> ";;; rx.el --- S-exp notation for regexps           --*- lexical-binding: t -*-"
> 
> Perhaps the extra space and "-" can be removed?

I've removed the extra dash, thanks.

As for the whitespace, I believe it is there on purpose -- to push the
lexical-binding cookie to the far right edge.  We have quite a few
other Lisp files that doe the same.  So I left that part alone.

Subject: 29.4; Incorrect header line in rx.el
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 14:21:13 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It seems the first line of rx.el is wrong:

";;; rx.el --- S-exp notation for regexps           --*- lexical-binding: t -*-"

Perhaps the extra space and "-" can be removed?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-12-26 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Linux Mint 21.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --bindir=/usr/local/sbin/emacs-29.4 --with-cairo
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --without-tree-sitter
 --without-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: 

Minor modes in effect:
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  register-preview-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tv-save-place-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail face-remap emacsbug gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table
nndraft nnmh nnfolder epa-file network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache iedit iedit-lib w3m-form
w3m-symbol config-w3m w3m timezone w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-fb tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util smiley gnus-cite
mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check qp addressbook-bookmark tv-mu4e-config
advice gnus-and-mu4e mu4e-patch mu4e-contrib eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util mu4e
mu4e-org mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main smtpmail mu4e-view
mu4e-mime-parts crm mu4e-headers mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft gnus-msg mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update
mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window ido mu4e-obsolete
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace smerge-mode
diff view tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf
helm-x-files helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-info bookmark emms-config
emms-idapi-browser emms-idapi emms-idapi-musicbrainz emms-mpris
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-native emms-info-native-spc emms-info-native-mp3
emms-info-native-ogg emms-info-native-opus emms-info-native-flac
emms-info-native-vorbis bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-info emms-later-do emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat emms-auto helm-external helm-net helm-ls-git
vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher emacs-news-mode flymake-shellcheck
flymake-proc flymake project warnings sh-script smie treesit executable
make-mode org-indent org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
generator oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt
org-protocol org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
org-version org-compat org-macs bug-reference cus-start naquadah-theme
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs server bm cl-extra imenu tv-utils
psession frameset register-preview pcase git-gutter dired-extension time
winner describe-variable help-fns radix-tree help-mode tv-save-place.el
init-helm epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config helm-epa helm-descbinds
cus-edit pp icons wid-edit helm-sys helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc
helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util xdg image-mode exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date helm-buffers all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ring helm-regexp format-spec ansi-color helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads helm-autoloads helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async async dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs isl-autoloads mb-depth avoid cus-load gcmh easy-mmode
all-the-icons-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads info
ledger-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1153171 190425)
 (symbols 48 41202 5)
 (strings 32 277046 181258)
 (string-bytes 1 7632100)
 (vectors 16 110339)
 (vector-slots 8 2277171 98063)
 (floats 8 2659 1485)
 (intervals 56 84840 3101)
 (buffers 976 152))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry