Subject: Re: python-pydevd-3.2.3 build failure

From: "bdju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 04:45:25 -0600

On Thu Jan 16, 2025 at 1:49 AM CST, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, dem 15.01.2025 um 23:26 -0600 schrieb bdju:
> > guix (GNU Guix) 35d13aab7ebca187343c54b800711bfea02859b9
> > Guix System
> > build log attached
> > 
> > ```
> > building /gnu/store/2hpqbgpqkx7zfry7fxz4m1jibbmbppij-python-pydevd-
> > 3.2.3.drv...
> > / 'check' phasebuilder for
> > `/gnu/store/2hpqbgpqkx7zfry7fxz4m1jibbmbppij-python-pydevd-3.2.3.drv'
> > failed with exit code 1
> > […]
> > ```
> > 
> > Most likely related to the font-cozette package by the looks of it.
> font-cozette transitively pulls python-pydevd (you get a similar issue
> with cantarell).  I worked around this locally by building with `-c1'
> to only get one core.  If you were to get the actual build log (e.g.
> with `guix build'), you would likely see that it hits a timeout.
>
> Cheers

Based on what you said, I attempted `guix build --cores=1 font-cozette`,
but it still resulted in a failure. Do I need to just keep trying until
it works or could something else be the problem? Build log attached
again. Should I be build python-pydevd itself instead of font-cozette?
Does that matter for how the core count is applied? I'll try that as
well just in case.