Subject: bug#7560: 24.0.50; 'bzr status' blocking making of GNU Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 17:29:17 +0100

Am 06.12.2010 um 20:09 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

>>   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
>> lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/
>> _urllib2_wrappers.py", line 536, in retry_or_raise
>>     orig_error=exc_val)
>> ConnectionError: Connection error: Couldn't resolve host
>> 'bzr.savannah.gnu.org' [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or
>> not known
>>
>> 4.989  return code 3
>
> I would report that on the Bazaar list, it could be a bug (bzr 2.2.2
> is very new).  While at that, I'd ask why it at all tries to access
> the remote repo.

The answer to my bug report is, as Glenn already deduced:

	I'm pretty sure you're using a lightweight checkout, which has to
	connect to the branch, which is remote.

I think this is true. I remember that I read about a "lightweight  
checkout" and was glad that this option existed: less than 250 MB of  
data on my disk. Now I know the disadvantage of saving the other 250  
MB and can handle it.

Sorry for the noise!

--
Greetings

   Pete
Progress (n.): Process through which USENET evolved from smart people  
in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.