Subject: Re: bug#7560: 24.0.50; 'bzr status' blocking making of GNU Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:38:01 +0100

Am 06.12.2010 um 04:54 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> What do you see in your ~/.bzr.log for the time when the
> problem happened?

I think these such entries:

Sun 2010-12-05 14:08:59 +0100
0.924  bazaar version: 2.2.2
0.925  bzr arguments: [u'status', u'dired.el']
1.244  looking for plugins in /Users/pete/.bazaar/plugins
1.245  looking for plugins in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/ 
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins
1.492  encoding stdout as osutils.get_user_encoding() 'US-ASCII'
4.988  Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 912, in  
exception_to_return_code
     return the_callable(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 1112, in run_bzr
     ret = run(*run_argv)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 690, in  
run_argv_aliases
     return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 705, in run
     return self._operation.run_simple(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/cleanup.py", line 135, in run_simple
     self.cleanups, self.func, *args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/cleanup.py", line 165, in  
_do_with_cleanups
     result = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 1127, in  
ignore_pipe
     result = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 326, in run
     tree, relfile_list = tree_files(file_list)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 82, in tree_files
     apply_view)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 183, in  
internal_tree_files
     tree = WorkingTree.open_containing(file_list[0])[0]
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree.py", line 353, in  
open_containing
     return control.open_workingtree(), relpath
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1888, in  
open_workingtree
     return format.open(self, _found=True)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree.py", line 3064, in open
     wt = self._open(a_bzrdir, self._open_control_files(a_bzrdir))
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree_4.py", line 1499, in  
_open
     branch=a_bzrdir.open_branch(),
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1871, in open_branch
     _found=True, ignore_fallbacks=ignore_fallbacks)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2070, in open
     ignore_fallbacks=ignore_fallbacks)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2787, in __init__
     super(BzrBranch8, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2410, in __init__
     Branch.__init__(self)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 96, in __init__
     self._open_hook()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2783, in _open_hook
     self._activate_fallback_location(url)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 106, in  
_activate_fallback_location
     repo = self._get_fallback_repository(url)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 226, in  
_get_fallback_repository
     possible_transports=[self.bzrdir.root_transport])
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 167, in open
     possible_transports=possible_transports)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 911, in open
     return BzrDir.open_from_transport(t, _unsupported=_unsupported)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 941, in  
open_from_transport
     redirected)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/__init__.py", line 1657,  
in do_catching_redirections
     return action(transport)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 928, in find_format
     transport, _server_formats=_server_formats)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1949, in find_format
     return format.probe_transport(transport)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 3292, in  
probe_transport
     server_version = medium.protocol_version()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/medium.py", line 632, in  
protocol_version
     client_protocol.query_version()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/protocol.py", line 791, in  
query_version
     self.call('hello')
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/protocol.py", line 631, in call
     self._request.finished_writing()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/medium.py", line 439, in  
finished_writing
     self._finished_writing()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/__init__.py", line  
646, in _finished_writing
     data = self._medium.send_http_smart_request(self._buffer)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/__init__.py", line  
615, in send_http_smart_request
     code, body_filelike = t._post(bytes)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib.py", line  
139, in _post
     accepted_errors=[200, 403]))
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib.py", line  
79, in _perform
     response = self._opener.open(request)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
     response = self._open(req, data)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
     '_open', req)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
     result = func(*args)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 689, in http_open
     return self.do_open(HTTPConnection, request)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 633, in do_open
     response = self.retry_or_raise(http_class, request, first_try)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 536, in retry_or_raise
     orig_error=exc_val)
ConnectionError: Connection error: Couldn't resolve host  
'bzr.savannah.gnu.org' [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or  
not known

4.989  return code 3

So 2010-12-05 18:27:32 +0100
1.332  bazaar version: 2.2.2
1.333  bzr arguments: [u'status', u'common-win.el']
1.984  looking for plugins in /Users/pete/.bazaar/plugins
1.985  looking for plugins in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/ 
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins
2.281  encoding stdout as osutils.get_user_encoding() 'UTF-8'
18.119  Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 912, in  
exception_to_return_code
     return the_callable(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 1112, in run_bzr
     ret = run(*run_argv)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 690, in  
run_argv_aliases
     return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 705, in run
     return self._operation.run_simple(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/cleanup.py", line 135, in run_simple
     self.cleanups, self.func, *args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/cleanup.py", line 165, in  
_do_with_cleanups
     result = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 1127, in  
ignore_pipe
     result = func(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 326, in run
     tree, relfile_list = tree_files(file_list)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 82, in tree_files
     apply_view)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 183, in  
internal_tree_files
     tree = WorkingTree.open_containing(file_list[0])[0]
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree.py", line 353, in  
open_containing
     return control.open_workingtree(), relpath
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1888, in  
open_workingtree
     return format.open(self, _found=True)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree.py", line 3064, in open
     wt = self._open(a_bzrdir, self._open_control_files(a_bzrdir))
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree_4.py", line 1499, in  
_open
     branch=a_bzrdir.open_branch(),
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1871, in open_branch
     _found=True, ignore_fallbacks=ignore_fallbacks)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2070, in open
     ignore_fallbacks=ignore_fallbacks)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2787, in __init__
     super(BzrBranch8, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2410, in __init__
     Branch.__init__(self)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 96, in __init__
     self._open_hook()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 2783, in _open_hook
     self._activate_fallback_location(url)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 106, in  
_activate_fallback_location
     repo = self._get_fallback_repository(url)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 226, in  
_get_fallback_repository
     possible_transports=[self.bzrdir.root_transport])
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py", line 167, in open
     possible_transports=possible_transports)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 911, in open
     return BzrDir.open_from_transport(t, _unsupported=_unsupported)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 941, in  
open_from_transport
     redirected)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/__init__.py", line 1657,  
in do_catching_redirections
     return action(transport)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 928, in find_format
     transport, _server_formats=_server_formats)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 1949, in find_format
     return format.probe_transport(transport)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/bzrdir.py", line 3292, in  
probe_transport
     server_version = medium.protocol_version()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/medium.py", line 632, in  
protocol_version
     client_protocol.query_version()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/protocol.py", line 791, in  
query_version
     self.call('hello')
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/protocol.py", line 631, in call
     self._request.finished_writing()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/smart/medium.py", line 439, in  
finished_writing
     self._finished_writing()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/__init__.py", line  
646, in _finished_writing
     data = self._medium.send_http_smart_request(self._buffer)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/__init__.py", line  
615, in send_http_smart_request
     code, body_filelike = t._post(bytes)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib.py", line  
139, in _post
     accepted_errors=[200, 403]))
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib.py", line  
79, in _perform
     response = self._opener.open(request)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
     response = self._open(req, data)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
     '_open', req)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
     result = func(*args)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 689, in http_open
     return self.do_open(HTTPConnection, request)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 633, in do_open
     response = self.retry_or_raise(http_class, request, first_try)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 550, in retry_or_raise
     response = self.do_open(http_class, request, False)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 633, in do_open
     response = self.retry_or_raise(http_class, request, first_try)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 621, in do_open
     headers)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 951, in _send_request
     self.endheaders()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 908, in endheaders
     self._send_output()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 780, in _send_output
     self.send(msg)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 739, in send
     self.connect()
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/transport/http/ 
_urllib2_wrappers.py", line 287, in connect
     httplib.HTTPConnection.connect(self)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 720, in connect
     self.timeout)
   File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/ 
lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
     raise error, msg
ConnectionError: Connection error: while sending POST /r/emacs/ 
trunk/.bzr/smart: [Errno 51] Network is unreachable

18.120  return code 3

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists. If  
it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.