Subject: bug#7560: 24.0.50; 'bzr status' blocking making of GNU Emacs

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 17:29:05 +0100

Hello!

When trying to compile GNU Emacs bzr stops compilation:

   501 94276 94173    4000   0  20 11    91488  14304 -      SNs   
71c1470 ??         0:00.87 /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/ 
Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/ 
Python /opt/local/bin/bzr status dired.el

I did update a few hours ago and me, I don't mind using an out-of-date  
Emacs. So, why is bzr being invoked? Is everybody excluded from  
compiling GNU Emacs without a permanent internet connection? And: Is  
the server permanently on?!

I also get:

	Dumping under the name emacs
	--- List of All Regions ---
	.
	.
	.
	Writing LC_LOAD_DYLIB     command
	4612 unused bytes follow Mach-O header
	1218418 pure bytes used
	Adding name emacs-24.0.50.1
	Symbol's function definition is void: defadvice
	cd lisp; make all -k                           \

maybe from killing bzr and its parent process and re-making GNU Emacs...

Some weeks ago I invoked 'make bootstrap' when I just scroll back in  
compilation history...

And this

      \--= 97725 pete /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ 
Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python /opt/local/bin/ 
bzr status emacsclient.c

blocks whole Emacs. Only by killing it and launching it again I can  
get it operable again.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.
				- Tony-A (some guy on /.)