Subject: Re: bug#75579: Archiving mail with compose-mail in message

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 13:29:10 +0100

>>>>> On Thu, 16 Jan 2025 01:43:10 +1000, Pranshu Sharma <[email-masked]> said:

    Pranshu> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >>>>>>> On Wed, 15 Jan 2025 23:53:29 +1000, Pranshu Sharma via "Bug
    >> reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors"
    >> <[email-masked]> said:
    >> 
    Pranshu> Normally if you send a mail in gnus, it gets archived in
    Pranshu> 'sent' folder,
    Pranshu> however this is not the case for 'compose-mail'.
    Pranshu> I tried modified:
    Pranshu> (setq message-default-headers "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:sent")
    Pranshu> But this would add duplicate line when sending through
    Pranshu> gnus and through
    Pranshu> C-x m.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to make it
    Pranshu> work properly
    Pranshu> without using some hacky method like having a function
    Pranshu> check if thsi
    Pranshu> line exists in a message-mode hook.
    >> 
    >> Whatʼs your 'mail-user-agent' set to? If you want to get "gcc"
    >> populated, setting it to 'gnus-user-agent' should be enough.

    Pranshu> Thanks, that worked.

So can we close this bug? I can do it, or you can do it by sending
email to [email-masked] (ideally with a reason for closure
:-))

Robert
--