Subject: Re: bug#7556: 24.0.50; visiting an EPS file with preview TIFF image and with one long line

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:43:33 +0100

Am 06.12.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> So do we still have a problem to look into, or can this bug be closed?

I think it can be closed!

The elder NS variant is faster than the X client and did not produce a  
backup file. I did not wait until the up-to-date X client finished  
scrolling or creating the backup file but killed it with xkill. *This*  
produced the backup file. The date of this file and that of my action  
is the same, to the minute. Previously I killed GNU Emacs when it  
became inoperable and not knowing the cause of this behaviour. After  
this I visited the directory in dired mode and saw the backup files  
and concluded they might have been created when GNU Emacs started to  
consume all CPU power–now in some irregular working mode–while in fact  
this was perhaps a minute later when I killed it.

In the *Messages* buffers nothing was written.

--
Greetings

   Pete

 From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.
				- Sigmund Freud