Subject: bug#75559: closed (Re: bug#75559: gnupg update to 2.4.7 causing guix build -K seahorse to fail)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 11:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75559: gnupg update to 2.4.7 causing guix build -K seahorse to fail

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75559: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75559
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75559: gnupg update to 2.4.7 causing guix build -K seahorse to fail
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 12:34:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Donnerstag, dem 16.01.2025 um 12:24 +0100 schrieb Rostislav Svoboda:
> > Can you check if the new version of Seahorse provided by your patch
> > works on your GNOME system?
> 
> The ship has sailed:
> 
> 6576487c29 2025-01-16 gnu: seahorse: Update to 47.0.1. (4 hours ago)
> Liliana Marie Prikler
> 
> Please somebody close this bug.
Consider it done.

I independently (re)discovered this and made sure that it runs in my
current GNOME desktop :)

Cheers

Subject: gnupg update to 2.4.7 causing guix build -K seahorse to fail
From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 17:52:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I believe the commit:
  64d95c78e3 2024-12-29 gnu: gnupg: Update to 2.4.7.
causes guix build --keep-failed seahorse to fail. The build log shows:

../seahorse-43.0/meson.build:52:22: ERROR: Command
`/tmp/guix-build-seahorse-43.0.drv-0/seahorse-43.0/build-aux/gpg_check_version.py
/gnu/store/bsp4vbhqpzajsdmg2k21l1lalainqasd-gnupg-2.4.7/bin/gpg 2.2.0
2.3.0` failed with status 1.

When rerun on my system, I get:
/tmp/guix-build-seahorse-43.0.drv-0/seahorse-43.0/build-aux/gpg_check_version.py
/gnu/store/bsp4vbhqpzajsdmg2k21l1lalainqasd-gnupg-2.4.7/bin/gpg 2.2.0
2.3.0
2.4.7

>From casually looking at gpg_check_version.py, it appears to check
whether the available GPG version is between 2.2.0 and 2.3.0, so 2.4.7
fails that check.

Cheers
Bost