Subject: bug#75553: 31.0.50; custom-load-symbol should respect message verbosity

From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 19:45:40 +0300

On Tue, 2025-01-14 at 17:12 +0100, Johann Höchtl wrote:
> It doesn't print Loading when I use-package but when demanded through
> customize. That is not orthogonal.

Right, but unless I'm missing something your comment doesn't contradict
to what I said. These are still messages that only appear during
startup.

> Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]> schrieb am Di., 14. Jän.
> 2025, 17:10:
> > On Tue, 2025-01-14 at 16:26 +0100, Johann Höchtl wrote:
> > > It's not important in the sense as it does not impair daily work.
> > > It
> > > is more the appearance of a tool spilling debug information which
> > > gives a somewhat unprofessional look. That's about it.
> > 
> > Well, typically the "Loading" messages may only appear during Emacs
> > start-up (do they not for you?). It seems rational to me that when
> > an
> > application starting up it may print its current loading status.