Subject: bug#75551: Potentially erroneous long loop in lrealloc

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2025 15:58:38 -0800

On 2025-01-17 13:07, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 23:37:29 -0800
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The MS-Windows port already fixes malloc and realloc in a different way,
>> so the first patch should affect only non-MS-Windows platforms.
> 
> Since you add the realloc-posix module, it will need to be omitted on
> MS-Windows.

I already did that in 2021 in commit 
1a65d49931ebc37adc48cd2406220b586e62f778, which added 
OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_realloc-posix to nt/gnulib-cfg.mk. That line hasn't 
been needed for some time, but it'll be needed now that Emacs is using 
realloc-posix directly.

By the way, nt/gnulib-cfg.mk seems to contain some other 
OMIT_GNULIB_MODULE_* lines it no longer needs. A quick check suggests 
the following Gnulib modules have unnecessary lines like that. These 
unnecessary lines don't break builds of course.

float
fpucw   [probably a typo for fputcw but that isn't needed either]
fseterr
realloc-gnu
secure_getenv
signbit
size_max
stpncpy
xsize