Subject: de translation breaking the build

From: "King, Spencer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 23:15:04 +0000

Hello,

I just checked out a clean copy of the guix repo and am getting an error when trying to build following the instructions in the documentation https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-from-Git.html. I'm seeing several warnings ending in an error when building some of the de translation files, snippet below:

  MAKEINFO doc/guix.de.info
doc/contributing.de.texi:2188: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Configuring Git'
doc/contributing.de.texi:3873: @menu reference to nonexistent node `Coding'
doc/contributing.de.texi:3874: @menu reference to nonexistent node `System Administration'
doc/contributing.de.texi:2192: warning: node `Senden einer Patch-Reihe' is next for `Git einrichten' in sectioning but not in menu
doc/contributing.de.texi:2192: warning: node `Einreichen von Patches' is up for `Git einrichten' in sectioning but not in menu
doc/contributing.de.texi:1973: node `Einreichen von Patches' lacks menu item for `Git einrichten' despite being its Up target
doc/contributing.de.texi:2219: warning: node `Git einrichten' is prev for `Senden einer Patch-Reihe' in sectioning but not in menu
doc/contributing.de.texi:3881: warning: node `Systemadministration' is next for `Programmieren' in sectioning but not in menu
Wide character in warn at /gnu/store/yrkpm59y0n77n20aijs0yfha44s69h88-profile/bin/makeinfo line 632.
doc/contributing.de.texi:3881: warning: node `Zu Guix’ Infrastruktur beitragen' is up for `Programmieren' in sectioning but not in menu
Wide character in warn at /gnu/store/yrkpm59y0n77n20aijs0yfha44s69h88-profile/bin/makeinfo line 632.
doc/contributing.de.texi:3860: node `Zu Guix’ Infrastruktur beitragen' lacks menu item for `Programmieren' despite being its Up target
doc/contributing.de.texi:3927: warning: node `Day-to-Day System Administration' is next for `Systemadministration' in sectioning but not in menu
doc/contributing.de.texi:3927: warning: node `Programmieren' is prev for `Systemadministration' in sectioning but not in menu
Wide character in warn at /gnu/store/yrkpm59y0n77n20aijs0yfha44s69h88-profile/bin/makeinfo line 632.
doc/contributing.de.texi:3927: warning: node `Zu Guix’ Infrastruktur beitragen' is up for `Systemadministration' in sectioning but not in menu
Wide character in warn at /gnu/store/yrkpm59y0n77n20aijs0yfha44s69h88-profile/bin/makeinfo line 632.
doc/contributing.de.texi:3860: node `Zu Guix’ Infrastruktur beitragen' lacks menu item for `Systemadministration' despite being its Up target
doc/contributing.de.texi:3981: warning: node `Systemadministration' is prev for `Day-to-Day System Administration' in sectioning but not in menu
make[2]: *** [Makefile:5350: doc/guix.de.info] Error 1

I'm not sure how to further debug this, but wanted to ensure the team is aware of this issue.

Best,
Spencer