Subject: bug#75530: [PATCH 3/3] Remap read-only-mode for Grep Edit

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2025 21:42:31 +0200

> From: Liam Hupfer <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2025 13:30:04 -0600
> 
> > Thanks, but why there’s no NEWS entry here?
> 
> >From the cover letter:
> 
> > No entry for Grep Edit since it’s new anyway.

But adding to the Grep entry something about this is not out of the
question, is it?

> I assume the NEWS files are release notes written for users when they
> upgrade to a new release. From the perspective of a user switching from
> a past release to 31 (after it releases, of course), this tiny binding
> change is not noteworthy, since the entire Grep Edit mode is new anyway
> and already has a dedicated entry. And anyone living on master can be
> expected to understand its volatility and to understand how to browse
> commits, no? Otherwise, how is NEWS different from ‘git log’?

Then why does the Grep entry mention "C-c C-c"?  Isn't "C-x C-q" no
less important?