Subject: bug#75530: [PATCH 0/3] Consistently remap read-only-mode for special edit modes

From: Liam Hupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2025 18:56:23 -0600

Hi,

These patches remap read-only-mode consistently for Dired/Wdired,
Occur/Occur Edit, and Grep/Grep Edit.  While Dired already has this
remap defined, Wdired binds to C-x C-q, meaning users who change their
read-only-mode binding get an inconsistent experience.  I went ahead and
applied the same remap to Occur and Grep, since it seems intuitive for
these modes to behave similarly.

There are other entry/exit points documented in the relevant manual
sections, so I did not change them for now, but let me know what you
think.  The dedicated bindings for Occur and Grep (e and C-c C-c) are
shorter or simpler than the typical read-only-mode binding but aren’t
global, so they have to be learned.

I stuck with a simple NEWS entry for now.  No entry for Grep Edit since
it’s new anyway.

Thanks!

Liam Hupfer (3):
  Remap read-only-mode in wdired-mode-map
  Remap read-only-mode for Occur modes
  Remap read-only-mode for Grep Edit

 etc/NEWS               | 13 +++++++++++++
 lisp/progmodes/grep.el |  6 ++++--
 lisp/replace.el        |  2 ++
 lisp/wdired.el         |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7648faedd3aeabadc66c67630809ef6178f4851a
-- 
2.47.1