Subject: [bug#75518] core-packages-team updated

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 17:12:28 +0100

Hi!

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> commit feb56748faa07c457654187e3cd154b26f7e6b2a
>
> and this would be on Ludo :)
>
>> Is this not usually handled on guix-devel, or maybe by comments in the
>> code, with the commit message limited to what is actually changed
>> (the lines starting with "*") and sometimes one or two sentences about
>> the rationale?
>
> Yes, usually I would agree.  A too long message could be a sign of need
> for documentation (code or manual) or a missing test...

I agree too.  The common way is to describe the problem in detail in the
bug report or cover letter, and then simply refer to it in the commit
message.  We could do that here.

Ludo’.