Subject: Re: core-packages-team updated

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 15:35:41 +0100

Andreas Enge writes:

Hello, [didn't i set a subject before?]

> Am Sun, Feb 23, 2025 at 08:20:44PM +0100 schrieb Janneke Nieuwenhuizen:
>> I've just updated core-packages-team.
>
> Thanks for cleaning it all up!
> I am a bit wary about some email-length commit messages such as
> commit 3f0f24ec76002fefd0a20e9aea33ed646664f153

Yeah, I chatted with Tomas on IRC

https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2025-01-05.log#140930

and it's what they intended, so.

> commit feb56748faa07c457654187e3cd154b26f7e6b2a

and this would be on Ludo :)

> Is this not usually handled on guix-devel, or maybe by comments in the
> code, with the commit message limited to what is actually changed
> (the lines starting with "*") and sometimes one or two sentences about
> the rationale?

Yes, usually I would agree.  A too long message could be a sign of need
for documentation (code or manual) or a missing test...

> As before, "./pre-inst-env guix build mpc" works like a charm for me.
> So I wonder if the non-deterministic failure Ludovic wanted to work on
> may actually be deterministic and explained by a hidden variable.

Thanks!

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com