Subject: bug#75518: closed (Re: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 19:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75518: Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75518: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75518
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Z572 <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>, Z572 <[email-masked]>, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>, Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>, Rutherther <[email-masked]>, Iyzsong <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 21:00:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

I have just rebased and pushed the branch to master. This one had a
certain vibe of the former core-updates branches: The merge request was
opened 6 months ago.

Many thanks to all who have contributed, from starting the branch to
help running QA to providing fixes up to the last minute.
The branch is not perfect, in particular some packages do not build on i686;
for these, I have kept the issue
   https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/issues/1234

I am cc-ing guix-devel, since the next "guix pull" can result in a lot
of updates, and maybe still breakage; please open pull requests and
issues on Codeberg for this.

Time to celebrate!

Andreas

Subject: Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch
From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2025 16:32:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Cuirass says we're at 81% success rate for i686-linux and x86_64-linux,
and possibly my #74676, meant as an old style "please help with the
gcc-14 transition", should have been named "Request for merging" already
anyway.  Hard to keep up with all the changes but more formality is a
good thing I guess :)

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com