Subject: Re: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2025 23:06:12 +0200

Am Thu, Jul 10, 2025 at 10:49:54PM +0800 schrieb Z572:
> It seems that there is a problem with the database on ci. Some drvs no longer exist, and all the current eval has failed.

I have seen this, but have no idea what to do about it. Our tooling
situation is despairingly dire: Only Chris is able to look after QA, and
only Ludovic (and one or two more persons?) is able to look after CI.
QA had not evaluated a single commit in almost the last two weeks, whereas
the main page of ci.guix.gnu.org was almost permanently not reachable over
the last days with a 504 error; other pages did appear with a bit of
patience. We urgently need to reach a situation with working tools, and
with bus factors larger than 1, but I do not know how to do so.

I see that data.qa and bayfront have been reconfigured today, supposedly by
Chris. The guix-data-service and guix-data-service-process-jobs services
were marked in bold, so I have restarted them. I think QA started to work
again before that: There are evaluations visible at
https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/ , on master and core-updates.

I have rebased core-packages-team on one of the processed master commits
from today, added the akonadi and kwin fixes by Z572, and pushed.
Hopefully data.qa will pick up this commit and start processing the branch
again. But I suppose it will take a few days until the build farm has
finished the branch, so it would clearly be desirable to also repair CI.

Andreas