Subject: Re: Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2025 11:49:36 +0200

Am Mon, Jun 02, 2025 at 06:35:06PM +0200 schrieb Rutherther:
> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I wonder if one "solution" would be to remove motif and its dependent
> > packages?
> I suppose. Is it fine to not follow the deprecation policy though? I am
> really expecting just putting gcc-11 to native-inputs will fix it.

Okay, fine as well. If not, as this branch is concerned, I am getting
desperate, and think that any approach to getting it merged would be
good :)

Concerning clisp, there is a fix for some test problem on master.

I have rebased again on master, dropped the bash replacement and added the
CPPFLAG to the bash package itself, and pushed.

It would be good to get this merged, the branch sends out strong
core-updates vibes - we made the merge request almost five months ago!
This is quite incompatible with our goal of making a release once per
year, or maybe even twice.
Also qt-team is waiting for the switch to gcc@14.

Are the remaining problems critical, or something that could be fixed
later on master?

QA feels a bit slow right now, so I was about to suggest watching CI
instead, but this gives me 504 errors...

Andreas