Subject: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

From: Rutherther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 14:28:32 +0200

Resending my e-mail without headers for Debbugs (not sure what To/Cc
address causes the issue of not appearing e-mails...)

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
> Rutherther <[email-masked]> writes:
[ 5 more citation lines. Click/Enter to show. ]
>
>> FYI graft of bash has been added a part of series that adds support for
>> /etc/profile.d and /etc/bashrc.d,
>> the graft makes bash source /etc/bashrc on its own,
>> it had to be sourced manually from ~/.profile previously.
>
> Uh.  I think we should avoid keep grafts for security updates that need
> to happen quickly.

Agreed, I was also trying to propose to just put the change on a team
branch, https://issues.guix.gnu.org/78308.

>> Btw how do rebases work currently? As far as I know the mirror bot
>> cannot remove branches so it won't sync the branches to savannah, but QA
[ 3 more citation lines. Click/Enter to show. ]
>> takes the branches from savannah. Or am I mistaken somewhere?
>
> I’m not sure if the “mirror bot” (actually Forgejo) can remove branches
> or not.  But I believe that if we rebase and force-push, Savannah should
> follow.  So I would assume that this work and if it doesn’t, we’ll see
> how to fix it.

Hm, I am not a commiter, so I wouldn't know for sure, but from what I
picked up I thought that Savannah doesn't support forced-pushes, but
requires to remove and add a branch. I would assume that is unsupported
behavior.

Looking into it, I remembered podiki said they rebased mesa-updates:
https://codeberg.org/guix/guix/commits/branch/mesa-updates, last commit
is 6e9de, committed yesterday.

At savannah, last commit is 6c210:
https://cgit.git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=mesa-updates&id=6c210c6ac61499ebf2f3b3b4ca2607b50418d699,
almost month old.

I think this is caused by the rebase and by the bot being unable to
remove and push the branch.

Rutherther

> Ludo’.