Subject: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

From: Rutherther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2025 14:27:18 +0200

Resending my e-mail without headers for Debbugs (not sure what To/Cc
address causes the issue of not appearing e-mails...)

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the report and solution, I have pushed an update.
>
> It would be nice if someone could rebase the branch on a recent master
> commit known to the data service; I get a merge conflict related to a
> graft of bash and do not feel confident enough to resolve it.

FYI graft of bash has been added a part of series that adds support for
/etc/profile.d and /etc/bashrc.d,
the graft makes bash source /etc/bashrc on its own,
it had to be sourced manually from ~/.profile previously.

As far as I can tell the resolution itself should be just to use bash
updated to 5.2.37 source and add replacement. Although it might also
make sense to ungraft this soon, where it would mean adding the flag
to cppflags.

Btw how do rebases work currently? As far as I know the mirror bot
cannot remove branches so it won't sync the branches to savannah, but QA
takes the branches from savannah. Or am I mistaken somewhere?

> Andreas

Rutherther