Subject: Re: [bug#75518] Request for merging "core-packages-team" branch

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 16:51:37 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2025 at 4:20 PM Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 14, 2025 at 9:10 AM Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have rebased on a recent master commit and "fixup!"-ed Chris's commit
> > message so that it will not be forgotten under added commits.
> >
> > Given Rutherter's comment and that neither CI, nor QA, nor I can build
> > the branch, should we disable parallel builds on xz-mesboot, and maybe
> > other mesboot packages as the need arises?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Where was the issue reported? I am able to build the bootstrap after
> reverting the diffutils update, which reliably breaks automake for me
> (and when disabling the failed tests, other tests then fail like
> playing whac-a-mole).

Also, the libstdc++ builds (and therefore gcc-toolchains) are broken
for me for versions other than 14 since 32348316 "gnu: gcc-6: Use
libstdc++ headers appropriate for each GCC." Is this seen elsewhere?
for libstdc++-13.3.0:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_call.cc:39:1: warning: new declaration
‘void __cxa_call_terminate(_Unwind_Exception*)’ ambiguates built-in
declaration ‘void __cxa_call_terminate(void*)’
[-Wbuiltin-declaration-mismatch]
   39 | __cxa_call_terminate(_Unwind_Exception* ue_header) throw ()
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_call.cc: In function ‘void
__cxa_call_terminate(_Unwind_Exception*)’:
../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_call.cc:39:1: internal compiler error:
in gimple_build_eh_must_not_throw, at gimple.cc:730
0x7ffff7ced956 __libc_start_call_main
        ???:0
0x7ffff7ceda14 __libc_start_main_alias_1
        ???:0
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source (by using
-freport-bug).
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:777: eh_call.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/tmp/guix-build-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv-0/gcc-13.3.0/build/libsupc++'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:576: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/tmp/guix-build-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv-0/gcc-13.3.0/build'
make: *** [Makefile:501: all] Error 2
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("-j" "4"
"--max-load=4") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `build' failed after 0.5 seconds
command "make" "-j" "4" "--max-load=4" failed with status 2
build process 6 exited with status 256
builder for `/gnu/store/9kzg29k5ldm4x2mw3hsl7scvcgvr41v9-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/9kzg29k5ldm4x2mw3hsl7scvcgvr41v9-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/9k/zg29k5ldm4x2mw3hsl7scvcgvr41v9-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv.gz'.
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/9kzg29k5ldm4x2mw3hsl7scvcgvr41v9-libstdc++-13.3.0.drv'
failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---