Subject: 31.0.50; closed TTY child frame reappears when a new tab is opened

From: Chao Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2025 08:52:41 +0800

1. Launch a new instance of Emacs in the terminal.
2. Open a code file within Emacs.
3. Use Corfu to complete the code; press ESC to close the completion popup.
4. Press C-C t 2 to open a new tab. The previously closed popup
reappears, displaying only the background without any text.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin24.2.0) of 2025-01-12
built on turtlebook.local
Repository revision: 6cea3233a12f3964c46bffb0b6215e9c8cd92962
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
'configure --prefix /Users/scturtle/.local --without-all --without-ns
--without-x --without-libgmp --without-compress-install --with-modules
--with-threads --without-gnutls --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O0'

Configured features:
MODULES PDUMPER THREADS TREE_SITTER

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  projectile-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-clipetty-mode: t
  clipetty-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  mudline-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort projectile project lisp-mnt evil-collection-grep grep
evil-collection-compile compile evil-collection-comint comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ibuf-ext evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny evil-collection-dired
dired dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
evil-collection-epa epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rx help-fns radix-tree mule-util orderless
vertico-repeat time-date xt-mouse term/xterm xterm gcmh evil-snipe
evil-collection-which-key which-key regexp-opt evil-collection-vertico
vertico marginalia treesit-auto web-mode-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads evil-org-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
neotree-autoloads deft-autoloads projectile-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
magit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
corfu-autoloads flycheck-eglot-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
lsp-ui-peek-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
treesit-fold-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads treesit
evil-multiedit-autoloads iedit-autoloads consult-autoloads
orderless-autoloads marginalia-autoloads vertico-autoloads
posframe-autoloads undo-fu-session undo-fu-session-autoloads undo-fu
undo-fu-autoloads evil-snipe-autoloads evil-surround-autoloads
evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads use-package-bind-key bind-key
golden-ratio-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads evil-terminal-cursor-changer
color evil-terminal-cursor-changer-autoloads clipetty clipetty-autoloads
general general-autoloads evil-collection-unimpaired
evil-collection-tabulated-list evil-collection-tab-bar
evil-collection-simple evil-collection-replace
evil-collection-process-menu evil-collection-kmacro evil-collection-info
evil-collection-indent evil-collection-help evil-collection-elisp-mode
evil-collection-eldoc evil-collection-buff-menu evil-collection annalist
evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads evil evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
evil-common thingatpt rect evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro evil-autoloads
info goto-chg-autoloads finder-inf gcmh-autoloads saveplace recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist delsel mudline easy-mmode let-alist funcs
pcase byte-opt catppuccin-latte-theme nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces
nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon
nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline
nerd-icons-data-octicon nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon
nerd-icons-autoloads benchmark-init-autoloads no-littering compat
no-littering-autoloads use-package-core straight-autoloads cl-seq
cl-extra help-mode tool-bar straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile jka-compr rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads multi-tty make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 205647 125228) (symbols 48 17349 9)
(strings 32 71067 11362) (string-bytes 1 2003463) (vectors 16 29110)
(vector-slots 8 616156 101551) (floats 8 247 306)
(intervals 56 568 85) (buffers 992 11))