Subject: bug#75507: closed (Re: bug#75507: 31.0.50; closed TTY child frame reappears when a new tab is opened)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 17:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75507: 31.0.50; closed TTY child frame reappears when a new tab is opened

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75507: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75507
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75507: 31.0.50; closed TTY child frame reappears when a new tab is opened
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Chao Shen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 19:05:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> 1. Launch a new instance of Emacs in the terminal.
> 2. Open a code file within Emacs.
> 3. Use Corfu to complete the code; press ESC to close the completion popup.
> 4. Press C-C t 2 to open a new tab. The previously closed popup
> reappears, displaying only the background without any text.

Closing since this is fixed now in Corfu.

Subject: 31.0.50; closed TTY child frame reappears when a new tab is opened
From: Chao Shen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2025 08:52:41 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. Launch a new instance of Emacs in the terminal.
2. Open a code file within Emacs.
3. Use Corfu to complete the code; press ESC to close the completion popup.
4. Press C-C t 2 to open a new tab. The previously closed popup
reappears, displaying only the background without any text.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin24.2.0) of 2025-01-12
built on turtlebook.local
Repository revision: 6cea3233a12f3964c46bffb0b6215e9c8cd92962
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
'configure --prefix /Users/scturtle/.local --without-all --without-ns
--without-x --without-libgmp --without-compress-install --with-modules
--with-threads --without-gnutls --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O0'

Configured features:
MODULES PDUMPER THREADS TREE_SITTER

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  projectile-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-clipetty-mode: t
  clipetty-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  mudline-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort projectile project lisp-mnt evil-collection-grep grep
evil-collection-compile compile evil-collection-comint comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ibuf-ext evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny evil-collection-dired
dired dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
evil-collection-epa epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rx help-fns radix-tree mule-util orderless
vertico-repeat time-date xt-mouse term/xterm xterm gcmh evil-snipe
evil-collection-which-key which-key regexp-opt evil-collection-vertico
vertico marginalia treesit-auto web-mode-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads evil-org-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
neotree-autoloads deft-autoloads projectile-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
magit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
corfu-autoloads flycheck-eglot-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
lsp-ui-peek-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
treesit-fold-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads treesit
evil-multiedit-autoloads iedit-autoloads consult-autoloads
orderless-autoloads marginalia-autoloads vertico-autoloads
posframe-autoloads undo-fu-session undo-fu-session-autoloads undo-fu
undo-fu-autoloads evil-snipe-autoloads evil-surround-autoloads
evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads use-package-bind-key bind-key
golden-ratio-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads evil-terminal-cursor-changer
color evil-terminal-cursor-changer-autoloads clipetty clipetty-autoloads
general general-autoloads evil-collection-unimpaired
evil-collection-tabulated-list evil-collection-tab-bar
evil-collection-simple evil-collection-replace
evil-collection-process-menu evil-collection-kmacro evil-collection-info
evil-collection-indent evil-collection-help evil-collection-elisp-mode
evil-collection-eldoc evil-collection-buff-menu evil-collection annalist
evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads evil evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
evil-common thingatpt rect evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro evil-autoloads
info goto-chg-autoloads finder-inf gcmh-autoloads saveplace recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist delsel mudline easy-mmode let-alist funcs
pcase byte-opt catppuccin-latte-theme nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces
nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon
nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline
nerd-icons-data-octicon nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon
nerd-icons-autoloads benchmark-init-autoloads no-littering compat
no-littering-autoloads use-package-core straight-autoloads cl-seq
cl-extra help-mode tool-bar straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile jka-compr rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads multi-tty make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 205647 125228) (symbols 48 17349 9)
(strings 32 71067 11362) (string-bytes 1 2003463) (vectors 16 29110)
(vector-slots 8 616156 101551) (floats 8 247 306)
(intervals 56 568 85) (buffers 992 11))