Subject: bug#75492: closed (Re: bug#75492: 31.0.50; read-multiple-choice not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 12:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75492: 31.0.50; read-multiple-choice not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75492: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75492
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75492: 31.0.50; read-multiple-choice not working
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 14:21:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2025 12:40:56 +0100
> From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Hi Eli:
> 
> Seems like the issue just went away a few days ago. Feel free to close it.

Thanks, done.

Subject: 31.0.50; read-multiple-choice not working
From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2025 12:43:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just tried `run-python` in a single python script and it started
asking for a project

I checked down and the issue seems related with `read-multiple-choice`

Trying the code in the documentation (in an emacs -Q):

```
(read-multiple-choice "Continue connecting?"
                      '((?a "always")
                        (?s "session only")
                        (?n "no")))
```

I just get:

```
Continue connecting?

^@^@^@^@^@^@^@     ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@     ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

```

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2025-01-10 built on RTX
Repository revision: 0233e2bec03db194c08c2d455cfd29097664f4c1
Repository branch: project
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-pgtk
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-native-compilation=aot
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  project-multi-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/cuda-mode/cuda-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/cuda-mode-20240819.11/cuda-mode
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.8.2/gtags-mode
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20250108.1351/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug autorevert filenotify recentf
tree-widget wid-edit ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core icons json map url-vars elec-pair whitespace flyspell-correct
flyspell ispell completion-preview diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired diff-hl
log-view log-edit message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny
citre-lang-fileref citre-tags citre-ctags citre-readtags
citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface citre-common-tag rx
citre-common-util dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader add-log pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode track-changes corfu project-multi-mode
gtags-mode cl-macs files-x xref project term/tmux term/xterm xterm init
repeat markdown-ts-mode subr-x treesit cape compat use-package-ensure
use-package-diminish xt-mouse xclip edmacro kmacro byte-opt
use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-extra help-mode simple-16-theme winner
ring saveplace delsel savehist easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator
display-line-numbers diminish which-key cl-seq use-package-core
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile gv disp-table info
0blayout-autoloads ac-emoji-autoloads ac-haskell-process-autoloads
ac-html-autoloads arduino-cli-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
auto-complete-autoloads avy-zap-autoloads avy-autoloads
better-shell-autoloads caml-autoloads cape-autoloads citre-autoloads
clang-format-autoloads cobol-mode-autoloads compile-multi-autoloads
corfu-autoloads crdt-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads cuda-mode-autoloads
d-mode-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
diminish-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads e2ansi-autoloads
emamux-autoloads esup-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads
annalist-autoloads evil-leader-autoloads evil-autoloads
face-explorer-autoloads fancy-compilation-autoloads flx-autoloads
flycheck-julia-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
flymake-nasm-autoloads flymake-quickdef-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads git-commit-ts-mode-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads
ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads iedit-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
julia-ts-mode-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads languagetool-autoloads
lice-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
markdown-ts-mode-autoloads modern-cpp-font-lock-autoloads
move-dup-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads mutt-mode-autoloads
nasm-mode-autoloads neotree-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads notmuch-autoloads objed-autoloads
opencl-mode-autoloads paradox-autoloads phi-search-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads
platformio-mode-autoloads async-autoloads popon-autoloads
popup-autoloads projectile-autoloads projection-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads protobuf-ts-mode-autoloads
ptemplate-templates-autoloads ptemplate-autoloads
py-vterm-interaction-autoloads scopeline-autoloads
shell-command+-autoloads slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads
spinner-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
sudo-edit-autoloads systemd-autoloads tmux-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads tsc-autoloads urgrep-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads
vundo-autoloads which-key-posframe-autoloads posframe-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 188531 37776) (symbols 48 15002 5)
 (strings 32 54144 13653) (string-bytes 1 1825431) (vectors 16 20092)
 (vector-slots 8 221501 11242) (floats 8 102 75) (intervals 56 1043 0)
 (buffers 992 10))