Subject: bug#75490: 30.0.93; package-upgrade-all - show upgradeable packages

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 13:48:39 +0100

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Another option would be to automatically show a longer list in a
>>> larger separate window. But in my tests it worked well with
>>> yes-or-no-p alone despite a long list of package names.
>>
>> I think we should indeed pop up a buffer, since the mini-window is
>> limited in how much it can show conveniently.
>
> I am a bit short on time to review this right now, but I agree that a
> pop-up buffer seems like a better option.  Resizing the minibuffer can
> get annoying and difficult to keep an overview, whereas a little table
> with an overview of the changes seems more approachable.

Agree. It is a bit unfortunate that there isn't a helper function for
such prompts with a popup window. Such a popup appears at least in
Dired/Ibuffer when deleting/killing multiple files/buffers. Could be
that there are even more instances. Might be good to extract the common
functionality?

Daniel