Subject: Re: bug#75477: 31.0.50; scratch/igc: crash on the latest commit

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 15:45:05 +0100

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But this function is called during frame deletion, not frame creation.
>> Did you delete any frames in this session?
>
> I constantly create and delete frames as a part of my Emacs usage.
>
> Although, right after the crash, when I ran Emacs again, and tried to
> create an extra frame (to report this bug), Emacs crashed again. I did
> not delete frames that time.
> (But that particular crash may or may not be the same with what I
> reported; I did not run gdb that time)

Don't know if that helps, but M-x igc-root-stats can be used to display
information about known roots. Maybe one can see there if the number of
roots increases over time, which would indicate if there is something
like a "root leak", for example by using xfree instead of igc_xfree.