Subject: bug#75471: closed (Re: bug#75471: perl-gtk2 Failing Tests)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 03:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75471: perl-gtk2 Failing Tests

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75471: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75471
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75471: perl-gtk2 Failing Tests
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 11:40:58 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrew Wong <[email-masked]> writes:

> It appears that the perl-gtk2 package is failing to build due to
> broken tests.

Fixed in commit 3104c70faea7d5ef84d9423434d77abf69ccd4a0, thank you for
the report!

Subject: perl-gtk2 Failing Tests
From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 20:55:16 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It appears that the perl-gtk2 package is failing to build due to broken 
tests:

phase `build' succeeded after 11.5 seconds
starting phase `check'
"/gnu/store/v6bivyjbg6bj07s8iqfzdm6hpvypc0p1-perl-5.36.0/bin/perl" 
-MExtUtils::Command::MM -e 'cp_nonempty' -- Gtk2.bs 
blib/arch/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.bs 644
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 
"/gnu/store/v6bivyjbg6bj07s8iqfzdm6hpvypc0p1-perl-5.36.0/bin/perl" 
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef 
*Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
# Testing Gtk2 1.24993
#    Running against gtk+ 2.24.33
#   Compiled against gtk+ 2.24.33
t/00.Gtk2.t ........................ ok
---8<---
t/GdkPango.t ....................... skipped: Gtk2->init_check failed, 
probably unable to open DISPLAY
Wide character in subroutine entry at t/GdkPixbuf.t line 17.
Couldn’t recognize the image file format for file 
“gtk-demo/floppybuddy.gif” at t/GdkPixbuf.t line 17.
# Looks like your test exited with 2 before it could output anything.
t/GdkPixbuf.t ......................
Dubious, test returned 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
Failed 111/111 subtests
Unrecognized image file format at t/GdkPixbufLoader.t line 46.
# Looks like your test exited with 2 before it could output anything.
t/GdkPixbufLoader.t ................
Dubious, test returned 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
Failed 29/29 subtests
t/GdkPixbufSimpleAnim.t ............ ok
---8<---

This is not the first time, see bug#38521. Also see the build farm 
report https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/8217599/details