Subject: bug#75464: closed (Re: bug#75464: [PATCH] Remove broken tests from "thefuck")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 05:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75464: Package thefuck is broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75464: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75464
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75464: [PATCH] Remove broken tests from "thefuck"
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Stubbs <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 00:47:22 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Jan 24, 2025 at 03:34:12PM +0000, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
> These tests are reported broken upstream, but nothing has been done about it.

Thanks for filing this bug report and making a patch to fix it!

I pushed your patch as commit a20df73c7d69356c0800dcc082c1a71e987acf13
with the following changes:

Most importantly, I registered the patch in 'gnu/local.mk'. Without
this, the patch file will not be included in the distribution when Guix
is built.

I made the commit message conform to the GNU ChangeLog format (at least
how we use it in Guix), and I made the commit message a little more
informative, including a link to this bug report.

I also added a comment to the patch file itself to give useful context.
This helps a lot in the future when trying to understand the context of
the patch files.

Subject: Package thefuck is broken
From: Andrew Stubbs <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 10:43:52 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"guix shell thefuck" fails:

building /gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv...
\ 'check' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv' failed with
exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/qk/hrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv.gz'.
guix shell: error: build of
`/gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv' failed

This is straight after a "guix pull". I tested on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu
22.04, and Ubuntu 24.11.

>From the logfile:

=========================== short test summary info
============================
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[le
cat-result0]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[diff
x-result1]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[fuck-result2]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[cafe
\xf4-result3]

=================================== FAILURES
===================================
_
TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent.test_get_valid_history_without_current[le
cat-result0] _

self = <tests.test_utils.TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent object at
0x7ffff50aa290>
script = 'le cat', result = ['ls cat', 'diff x', 'café ô']

    @pytest.mark.parametrize('script, result', [

        ('le cat', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

        ('diff x', ['ls cat', u'café ô']),

        ('fuck', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

        (u'cafe ô', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

    ])

    def test_get_valid_history_without_current(self, script, result):

        command = Command(script, '')

>       assert get_valid_history_without_current(command) == result

E       AssertionError: assert ['ls cat', 'diff x'] == ['ls cat', 'diff x',
'café ô']
E

E         Right contains one more item: 'café ô'

E

E         Full diff:

E           [

E               'ls cat',

E               'diff x',

E         -     'café ô',

E           ]

/tmp/guix-build-thefuck-3.32.drv-0/source/tests/test_utils.py:276:
AssertionError