Subject: bug#75464: Package thefuck is broken

From: Andrew Stubbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 10:43:52 +0000

"guix shell thefuck" fails:

building /gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv...
\ 'check' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv' failed with
exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/qk/hrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv.gz'.
guix shell: error: build of
`/gnu/store/qkhrgs2wvxwzhv71kzp6fhxnf3gk8nsh-thefuck-3.32.drv' failed

This is straight after a "guix pull". I tested on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu
22.04, and Ubuntu 24.11.

>From the logfile:

=========================== short test summary info
============================
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[le
cat-result0]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[diff
x-result1]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[fuck-result2]
FAILED
tests/test_utils.py::TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent::test_get_valid_history_without_current[cafe
\xf4-result3]

=================================== FAILURES
===================================
_
TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent.test_get_valid_history_without_current[le
cat-result0] _

self = <tests.test_utils.TestGetValidHistoryWithoutCurrent object at
0x7ffff50aa290>
script = 'le cat', result = ['ls cat', 'diff x', 'café ô']

    @pytest.mark.parametrize('script, result', [

        ('le cat', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

        ('diff x', ['ls cat', u'café ô']),

        ('fuck', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

        (u'cafe ô', ['ls cat', 'diff x', u'café ô']),

    ])

    def test_get_valid_history_without_current(self, script, result):

        command = Command(script, '')

>       assert get_valid_history_without_current(command) == result

E       AssertionError: assert ['ls cat', 'diff x'] == ['ls cat', 'diff x',
'café ô']
E

E         Right contains one more item: 'café ô'

E

E         Full diff:

E           [

E               'ls cat',

E               'diff x',

E         -     'café ô',

E           ]

/tmp/guix-build-thefuck-3.32.drv-0/source/tests/test_utils.py:276:
AssertionError