Subject: bug#75462: closed (Re: bug#75462: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 17:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75462: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux

which was filed against the libtool package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75462: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75462
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75462: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux
From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Frederic Berat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 19:56:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thank you again for the patch [1].

[1] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?h=development&id=18dc06ade3db7c4100e781d1c1ef8c5b018ca920

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354

Subject: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux
From: Frederic Berat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 14:11:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I opened an issue a few years back that didn't get solved:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2022-02/msg00001.html

Out of curiosity, I decided to remove my local patch for it with the new
libtool release. It didn't take long for builds to fail again:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2331361

Considering that more and more systems prevent deduplication over the
years, may it be considered to be the default behavior instead of the
exception ?

Frédéric Bérat

Principal Software Engineer, Platform Tools

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>

[email-masked]
<https://www.redhat.com>