Subject: Re: bug#75462: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 19:44:48 +0200

On 13/01/2025 16:29, Frederic Berat wrote:
...
>     I am willing to apply something similar if it is specific to systems
>     that have been verified to have a problem with reordered compiler
>     dependencies. I do not want to assume all of linux systems require this
>     patch, but a more specific subset would be good.
> 
> 
> More than a specific linux system, that are dependencies that include 
> GCC libraries that should not be re-ordered/de-duplicated in the case 
> I've seen.

After some more thought on this, I will merge the suggested patch. If
there are any unlikely failures or performance issues, I will work to
find a better solution then, since the current ideas seem like a mess
to maintain.

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354