Subject: bug#75462: libtool wrongly reorder compiler deps on linux

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 16:36:15 +0200

On 09/01/2025 23:23, Frederic Berat wrote:
...
>     To ensure GNU Libtool continues to work with older systems, this patch
>     should probably not be applied. Users can disable the deduplication
>     optimization with "--preserve-dup-deps" without applying the suggested
>     patch, but this affects more than just compiler generated dependencies.
> 
> 
> Well, I'm not sure I get why keeping duplicates would harm, but fair 
> enough my patch is clearly overkill.

I am willing to apply something similar if it is specific to systems
that have been verified to have a problem with reordered compiler
dependencies. I do not want to assume all of linux systems require this
patch, but a more specific subset would be good.

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354